This category for Future Leaders was created for the 2016 #insidestory awards to shine a light on the work and potential of individuals with less than seven years’ experience in internal communication and employee engagement.
It’s back for 2017 and we’ve made it a nomination category.
Those nominated in the category will:
- Be a high performer in their current role
- Demonstrate a flair for leadership
- Show commitment to internal communication and employee engagement
- Come with at least three recommendations or testimonials
- Be 35 or under or have up to seven years’ experience in internal comms and employee engagement
You can nominate anyone who works in internal communication or employee engagement for The ‘Future Leader’ award. All you have to do is register with the system, and submit between 100 and 150 words about that individual along with some contact information.
It’s free to nominate – it’s that simple.
You must place your nominations by 18:00 on £0 November.
We will then let your nominee/s know and invite them to log into the system and answer a few questions.
This forms their entry.
Their entry will be judged by the panel and a shortlis willbe created.
We have introduced this category to put the spotlight on those who are budding leaders, in the early years of their careers and about to step up to their next challenge. We want to reward their work so far and help them to make the next step, which is why we’ve created a reward package to help them to do just that.
The PR Academy are proud sponsors of this award again this year.
What will you get if you win or are highly commended?
There will be one overall winner and two highly commended winners from the shortlist. The winner will take home a beautiful award and certificate to keep and the highly commended entrants will receive a certificate acknowledging their success.
In addition to being a winner, getting a super plaque and certificate, this award will support the winners in their career development, so we’re going to give the winner and highly commended entrants a mix of the below:
The winner gets one of these:
- £500 learning bursary to spend as you choose on professional development and learning in internal communication and employee engagement
- A free one-day session with a careers coach
And all of these:
- One to one mentoring from a CIPR Inside Committee member for six months (including two face-to-face meetings)
- Present an award at the 2018 #insidestory awards event
- A day work shadowing a committee member
And the winner and both the highly commended individuals get all of these:
- A place on a CIPR Inside Committee project team
- Guest blog spot on CIPR Inside blog (three posts over the year)
- Lunch with CIPR Inside Chair, Steven Murgatroyd and Vice Chair Paul Summerhill and the Clare Latham award winners.
Huge thanks to PR Academy our sponsor of this very special award this year.
PR Academy – Sponsoring Future Leader Category
More than 500 communicators get qualified with us every year, with many returning to develop their skills and knowledge as their careers progress. So, to complement our range of CIPR courses we launched our Leadership and Management Programme, designed to equip comms pros with the confidence and business understanding they need to take their careers to the next level. It’s accredited by the University of Chester and can count towards their Masters programme. We think leadership and business awareness are key skills for internal communicators which is why we are delighted to be sponsoring this CIPR Inside award.
So what are you waiting for? Get those nominations in, get your work rewarded and boost your career in internal communication and employee engagement.
Deadline for entries 18.00 30 November and it’s free to enter this and the Clare Latham Award categories.
There are fees for the other categories.